Tuesday, December 4, 2012

It's Your Time, Michael!

As you know by now if you've been following this blog, I don't write reviews of current movies, nor do I discuss my favorite music groups. I've kept it focused on classic cinema and classic stars.

I'm making an exception today for Michael Jackson.  Before you freak out hear me out! Michael loved Elizabeth Taylor. They were friends and he admired Marlon Brando and James Cagney,  While he had his issues he was an amazing entertainer as you will soon see.

I'm dedicating this post and this day to him and his greatest performance where he shines and he makes me think of the amazing, Charlie Chaplin.  If you haven't seen this live performance please do yourself a favor and watch it through on full screen.  You'll grow to appreciate the gift that he had for entertaining as well as his channeling of Chaplin, Cagney and himself, the genius that he was.

Please enjoy this video as much as I have since his passing. Very seldom are we given this much talent in one human being!



I miss you, Michael!
Cagney, Taylor, Chaplin and Jackson all had their flaws but please don't discuss them here.
Page

4 comments:

  1. One of my longest-enduring fantasies has always been to dance like Michael... ever since 'Thriller.' I spent much of the sixth grade trying to moonwalk... to minimal success. It's okay, though. It's not like it'll drastically change my life at this point!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rich,
      Thanks for sharing that. I'm sure you were the cutest while trying to perfect your Moonwalk. I consider myself a decent dancer and I do love to dance but I can't Moonwalk either.

      Page

      Delete
  2. For sure in this clip there are many classic references. I didn't know that Michale was a Cagney fan. And who is a Cagney fan isalso my friend!
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My doggone speakers blew, so I can't play the video! It's driving me crazy -- I love to pull things up on Youtube, and I'm going into withdrawal. Very nice tribute to Michael, Page. He was a huge influence on music and dance. Being the horror movie freak that I am, I have to say I always have a place in my heart for Michael in Thriller. Fabulous dancing in that, especially the first time the zombies go into their act!

    ReplyDelete