Friday, May 24, 2013

Happy Memorial Day: I Could Really Use a Wish Right Now!

This past week has been a complete nightmare! I've said over and over this past week that I have no words after what happened on Monday after 3:00 p.m. here in Oklahoma and I truly mean that. How can you put into words what my state has endured?

Just go look up 'emotions' in the dictionary and we've experienced every one of them. It really is amazing that you can experience, fear, terror, heartbreak, shock, sadness and relief all within a span of 45 minutes in one given day.

Now that I've put my feelings out here and I realize this is a blog that you come to for entertainment I do feel a bit selfish right now. But, this blog isn't even three years old and before now I've never felt this gutted, stunned or this heartbroken.

BUT, in spite of all of this heartbreak and sadness, if you've seen the news footage of just how horrible things are right now here.  I wanted to share this video of a tornado survivor here in Moore, Barbara Garcia. She is tenacious, adorable, resilient and she will make the toughest of the tough shed a tear when she finds her beloved dog. (She reminds me of my grandmother.) God speed to you, Barbara and Bowzy.



If I could have a wish right now it would be for all of us to have one chance to undo May 20th. The children, the parents who are suffering and the first responders who will never be able to unsee what they've seen over this past week. One day, just one day to go back and undo it.



God Speed and spend your Memorial holiday loving one another, spending it with laughter, kindness and without regret.

If you haven't already and you would like to donate to the Red Cross, you can do so by texting to 'REDCROSS' 90999 to donate $10 or by going to their official site HERE. Thank you to the courageous teachers and first responders who saved lives. We can't thank you enough for your putting your lives on the line.


It might sound like I'm broken but I'm not. I will be back, blogging very soon. I just need a bit of time.  (Mary Astor is waiting for me after all and King Vidor's mansion.)
Page



15 comments:

  1. I'm sorry Page. This has been just horrifying to watch from afar; I can't imagine how it must feel to be there. Wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, Page. Thinking of you - and all who suffered in the tornado.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts go out to you and everyone who has been in the middle of this tragedy. Here's hoping that better times are coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for Oklahoma and a gentle recovery from this horror. May the rest of the year give you peace and comfort as you heal and rebuild.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers are with you Oklahoma Tornado Victims...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a devastating tragedy. Thoughts and prayers are with the people of your beautiful state.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Page, all thoughts and prayers are with the families in Oklahoma. As one who was in the cross hairs of superstorm Sandy, all I can say is - you have to live through it to understand how devastating it is. In a few weeks you will hear some saying "what's wrong with those people? Why can't they get their lives back together?" and you will just about want to jump out of your skin. Then the whole federal relief fight will begin. Meanwhile, people are broken and suffering. But the outpouring of support makes up for all of that. Well, gotta go make a donation to the Red Cross. Be well and see you on the blogging beat soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FlickChick,
      All you've said is so very true. I was speaking to my mother a couple of nights ago when they were waiting to go the cellar down where they live in southern OK and she said "After what we went through in Katrina, we move back here and now this!"
      My parents had retired to Biloxi right before Katrina and my youngest sister, her husband and my two nieces moved there to be closer to them. They lost their homes, cars, everything but they got through it. (The 4 days of waiting to finally hear that they were okay was excruciating) But you're right. We get through these disasters and we are stronger and walking around with a new perspective, appreciation for everything.

      I hope your words will find others who need them right now and in the future if they're suffering. : )
      Page

      Delete
  8. Page, no one can truly understand what it's like to endure a tragedy until it unfortunately finds them. My heart goes out to you and all people of Oklahoma who have been put through this hell. I'm wishing you all such peace. I know the situation will go through it's many processes before everyone can emerge just a little better, a little healed from the wounds. But for now, please take care of yourself. And thank you for sharing such a raw and real emotion with all of us... Joey

    ReplyDelete
  9. You take your time. Absolutely no rush. We'll be here when you come back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thinking of you and all those enduring such a difficult time, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Page, I hope the weekend brought some relief. It's been horrible following the news coverage of the tornado; I cannot imagine what it must be like living through it. And don't feel selfish about the post. Our blogs are not only about movies but about us as well. So, be safe and know your friends and fans are supporting you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belated well wishes from Japan, Page! I hope your friends and family are all OK after this terrible tragedy. That video of the old lady finding her dog was truly heartwarming. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jeff!
      I hope you're having a great summer so far in beautiful Japan.

      Thank you so much for the very kind words. OK has been through so much these past few weeks but the people here are very tough and resilient.

      All the best!
      Page

      Delete
  13. I will pray for you and for your state's recovery. I know what it's like for something so devastating happen so close to home, and I also know how powerful the human spirit can be placed under these circumstances. Best wishes for a full recovery, Matt.

    ReplyDelete